Reliance Jio launched JioMeet, the app is available on both Google Play Store and Apple App Store. JioMeet is a local video conferencing app, where people across are discarding products that are not made in India and have China as an origin country.
You can visit jiomeet.jio.com and download the app or use the web app.
JioMeet can be used for both one-on-one meetings and group video conference call hosting up to 100 participants at the same time.
- Signing up to JioMeet to start a meeting is easy. You will just need to enter mobile number, name, email ID.
- You will be able to join a meeting without signing up. To start a meeting you will need to create an account and login.
- Similar to Zoom, JioMeet lets you schedule a meeting and share the meeting code in advance with the participants.
- Most video calling platforms have a time limit for free meeting. A meeting on JioMeet can go on for 24 hours without any interruption.
- Every meeting hosted on JioMeet is password protected.
- JioMeet also comes with Screen Sharing option.
JioMeet also comes with a Waiting Room option. You can choose to enable or disable it. The Waiting Room option turned on similar to Zoom, no one will be able to join a meeting without the host’s permission.
- JioMeet has multi-device support. you can switch from one device to another while on a call.
- JioMeet has a Safe Driving Mode feature.
How to join a JioMeet call
To join a JioMeet meeting you will just need to click on the Join option on the home screen and enter the Meeting ID provided by the host. The platform provides an option to disable audio and video before joining the meeting.
How to start a JioMeet call
To start a meeting you need to sign up with your name (first and last) and phone number, and then enter OTP.
- New Meeting option on the home screen, same as zoom.
- Select whether you want to keep Video on or off and generate a personal meeting ID.
- Start Meeting
Meeting ID links can be shared on messages, WhatsApp, Twitter and more platforms.