Nothing’s first smartphone, the Phone (1), was a bit of a mixed bag. It had some innovative features, such as its transparent back and its unique glyph interface, but it also had some shortcomings, such as its mediocre performance and its lack of software support.
The Nothing Phone (2) promises to be an Expensive deal over the Phone (1) for a lot of users. It has a more powerful processor, a better camera system, and a longer-lasting battery. It also comes with three years of OS updates and an additional year of security updates, which is a major improvement over the Phone (1).
In addition to the hardware improvements, the Nothing Phone (2) also has a new design. The back of the phone is still transparent, but the glyph interface has been redesigned. It is now more dynamic and responsive, and it can be used to show notifications, battery life, and other information.
Early impressions of the Nothing Phone (2) are positive. Reviewers have praised the phone’s design, its performance, and its camera system. However, some have noted that the phone is still a bit expensive, and that it lacks some features that are common on other high-end smartphones.
Features of Nothing Phone 2
- The phone has a unique design that is both eye-catching and functional. The transparent back allows you to see the phone’s internals, and the glyph interface is a fun and innovative way to show notifications and other information.
- The phone is powered by a Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 processor, which is a capable mid-range chip that should be able to handle most tasks with ease.
- The phone has a triple-camera system on the back, with a 50MP main sensor, a 50MP ultrawide sensor, and a 12MP front-facing sensor. The camera system is capable of taking good photos in most conditions, but it may not be as good as the camera systems on some of the more expensive smartphones on the market.
- The phone has a 4700mAh battery, which should provide enough power for most users to get through a full day of use. The phone also supports 45-watt fast charging, so you can quickly top it up when you need to.
- The phone runs on Android 13 with Nothing OS, which is a custom version of Android that is designed to be clean and simple. Nothing OS is still under development, but it has received positive reviews from early adopters.
Overall, the Nothing Phone (2) is a promising smartphone that offers a unique design, a capable processor, and a good camera system. However, the phone is still a bit expensive, and it lacks some features that are common on other high-end smartphones.
Nothing Phone (2) specifications:
The Phone (2) delivers many serious upgrades from its predecessor in terms of battery life, day-to-day performance and cameras. The Phone (2) ditches the Snapdragon 778G processor in favour of the more powerful Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 processor paired with Adreno 730 GPU. Nothing claims that the processor upgrade will result in an 80 percent boost in the Phone (2) ‘s performance compared to last generation.
Nothing Phone (2) Camera
Nothing Phone (2) comes with a 50MP primary camera with a Sony IMX890 sensor with an aperture of f/1.88 and a sensor size of 1/1.56-inch. The primary sensor comes with support for optical image stabilisation (OIS) and electronic image stabilisation (EIS) along with many other features like Motion Photo, Super-res Zoom, AI scene detection, Expert mode and Document Mode.
The primary sensor on the Phone (2) is paired with a 50 MP f/2.2 Samsung JN1 sensor ultra-wide-angle camera with support for EIS and a 114-degree field of view. On the front side, the new smartphone comes with a 32 MP Sony IMX615 sensor with f/2.45 aperture and 1/2.74 inch sensor size.
Pros & Cons of the Nothing Phone (2):
- Transparent back may be a fingerprint magnet
Nothing Phone (2) India price and availability:
Nothing Phone (2) will be available for a starting price of ₹44,999 on Flipkart and some retail outlets from July 21 onwards.
The new smartphone will be available at a price of ₹44,999 for the 8GB RAM/128 GB storage variant. Similarly, the 12 GB RAM/128 GB storage variant has been priced at 49,999 and the 12GB RAM/256 GB storage variant is priced at ₹54,999.